Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics

Don't criticize me for saying this, but...

Is it really that important for Canada to win medals? I mean, can't we talk about how our athletes are doing without constantly mentioning how disappointing it is that we're not getting many medals?

I know that it's kind of the point of the Olympics. Compete, get medals. I know it's the main objective and whatever.

But still. I guess I kind of believe in the overall experience of all the countries in the world getting together to compete being a little more important that having to win all the medals.

I'd also like to think that the athletes who aren't getting medals will walk away from the Olympics happy that they got to experience it, and not just beating themselves up for not getting a medal.

And maybe I'm just trying to believe in my own little perfect world where everybody's happy. Which doesn't really exist. You be the judge.

But I can't be the only one, right?

On another note, I found there is a downside to wonderfully good dreams. They make me want to stay in bed all day and just relive them, over and over. Which is kind of bad in the summer, because I rarely have a real reason to get out of bed. Meaning I could actually potentially stay in bed all day. But that's not exactly healthy. Nor productive.

How am I going to be able to focus on the real world for the next week or so? I've been drifting off so much lately, it's really not funny. I'll be calling my friends a lot over the next week. Good thing I already have two parties and a movie planned. That takes care of...hm, three or four days. That'll be enough, right?

~Calminaiel~

"No, I thought you were telling me to get into my right lane so I could turn left."

1 comment:

Rethack said...

your definitely not the only one who feels the way you do Robyn. SO we aren't top in the world. Who cares? its the experience I would enjoy. To say you've been in the Olympics is wow.