Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Horses!

One thing I definitely like about my new job is how I'm always doing something different, and I get to go around and see stuff that's happening in the city.

Not that I'm always at really big events. Last Saturday I was just at an RV place that was having a sale. And before that it was just a hot tub place.

But last weekend I got to go hang out at the MS walk, which was pretty fun. I never realized how popular things like that are, but there were a lot of people there. And a lot of kids and dogs.

Today Eric and I got to go to Spruce Meadows for the first day of the Nationals. I was pretty excited to go, cause I like horses. Not that I got to see any up close, because it's not like the horses in the Nationals just go out for walks to talk to people. But still, I got to see a few of them going for a stroll, and we drove past the field where they were warming up.

It rained pretty badly. Which I actually thought was super fun. There were very little people there, so we didn't have much to do. We were about to start a game of cards when our contact guy decided to move us to a slightly more popular area. Which didn't end up being more popular at all, but the good thing about it was it was right behind the stands for the tournament.

So all we had to do was walk around the corner and we could watch the horse jumping. So we stood in the rain and watched a couple rounds. Eric thought the person from New York was really good, but I like the Calgary person more, even though they got more faults. I liked her horse. He was spooked by this one jump, so she rode past it a couple times in their warm up walk, even though he jumps away from it when they got too close.

But he did really good in their run. The jump was really close to where we were, so when they were approaching it, we could hear his rider clicking away at him, and he just run up to that jump and sailed over it. I was pretty proud of him. Oh, and he had such a lovely prance. I love horses that prance. Ken's horses aren't really the prancing type. Except maybe Sugar, but nobody's riding her yet.

Anyways, I'm gonna be off to UTS here soon. Ken wasn't home when I got back, which I should have expected, since he didn't have his computer or anything with him. But I wonder if he'll come back tonight, cause his phone is currently sitting on the table beside my bed...

~Calminaiel~

"Naked ladies!"

No comments: