Monday, June 06, 2011

Stay-at-Home Spa Night

This was the best idea I ever had.

I can't remember if I ever mentioned it or not, but I went to Lush and got a huge set of spa materials. This includes things I would regularly use in the shower, such as solid shampoos and conditioners, to things reserved for special spa bath nights, like body scrubs, bath bombs, and heavy moisturizers.

I just finished one such spa bath, and it's wonderful. My skin feels more hydrated than ever before. And not just the 'I sat in water for half an hour so I'm kinda hydrated' feeling. My skin has actually soaked up moisture in a sponge like fashion. All those soaps Lush makes with cocoa butter is amazing. It literally melts into your skin, and your skin just drinks it in. I feel quite content.

Oh, and another amazing aspect was the bath water being so hot I had to ease myself into it. I love baths that fog up the bathroom mirror.

Anyways, on to other news.

A while back Ken and I went to see the military museum, which was pretty cool. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even the memorial room, which put me in tears. I still blame my mother.

I especially enjoyed their temporary exhibit on the war in Afghanistan. (When I tried to spell that, spell check tried to suggest Organist to me...?) It was very cool, especially since most of the rest of the museum focuses on the wars of the past, and then at the end you walk into this exhibit that shows you how all this stuff is still happening. Very cool effect.

I have to say I am enjoying my summer. I've got a new job, which I really enjoy. It gives me enough hours to have steady summer income, but enough free days during the week so I feel I still have time to go out and enjoy the warm season. I still hope to enjoy some more summer adventures. Mainly things like little trips out of town, or doing things around Calgary I have not done, like park exploring, or the Calgary Tower, or Fort Calgary.

I'd also love to go riding more this summer. I know Ken doesn't always want to go out, and I generally want to go out with him, so we'll see how much I actually end up going out.

I'm also trying to find a good balance of splitting my time into going out and doing things, and just staying in to relax. I really like to go outside, because it obviously doesn't stay this warm in Calgary for too long. But at the same time, summer is my down time, and it's nice to have time to just relax inside. So I'm still working on that. My new job does help with getting out of the house. Remotes are always exciting, cause I'm always in a different place, which can be interesting.

Especially last weekend, when we were at an RV place in Airdrie. I actually really liked one of the RVs there. I kept walking around it and thinking that as a student living on my own, that's really all the space I need. It was very cozy. Plus, we kept joking that the monthly payments were lower than rent, and I could just park it on my parents' street so I didn't have to spend that much money on food.

I've recently started thinking of how I really would like to get a place on my own. I like the condo where I am now, and I like my roommates and everything. I've just got hooked on the idea of having my own living room, and my own kitchen, and just my own entire space in general.

But at the same time, I'm not going to get ahead of myself. There's no way I'm going to start looking for something like that until I'm done school, and start making some serious money. And I don't even know if I'm going to want to make serious money right away. I might just want to make comfortable money and just hang out and party and live as any person in their young 20s might live.

Don't ask me how any person in their young 20s might live. I realized that's not the best way to word what I'm trying to say, but I'm also too lazy to try to go back and fix it.

My point is, it really bugs me when people ask me what I want to do with my life, and such on. I don't know. I'm 21 right now, I'm not really worried about a career. Like I keep saying, if I turn 30 and still don't have a real career happening, than I might worry a little, and start looking into that. But at 21, I'm fine just having a job that pays rent. Well, food would be nice too, but as long as I'm in town, Dad will always be willing to have me over for dinner. He has yet to turn me away.

~Calminaiel~

"Hey, they're playing musical instruments!"

No comments: