Saturday, January 12, 2008

Head explosion!

Yes, I kinda wanted my head to explode today. It was nuts. I never realized how much a little more communication would help. But it really really really would. I don't understand why they can't figure that out. I mean, come on. If you had even gotten together once a week for the past while together to talk about how each of you are doing things, and lined things up between yourselves, we wouldn't have this massive confusion, plus hours of extra rehearsal time.

I could go on about that, but I won't. I'll just get ready for more head exploding madness this week, and then it'll be done.

All that said and done, it really is a lot of fun. The singers / actors are all really nice (even though I say stupid things in front of them sometimes...but what else can be expected from me?) and really, that's a very good reason for me to want to do it again. I just love the people. The chaos, confusion, and lack of planning / communication wants me to run far, far away from this project and never look back. But I'd totally come back for the people in it. I'm a sucker like that.

I also ate yogurt that apparently was supposed to expire on the 2nd...but it smelled alright, so I had some. If I don't show up to school on Monday, you'll know why.

Ugh, school on Monday. That's a depressing thought. Not nearly as depressing as knowing I have an English project to do after rehearsal tomorrow, but still depressing. At least it's the last day of second semester. Then I just have diplomas to worry about. And then the whole process starts again in June...

But now I'm getting ahead of myself. One step at a time.

Tchaik 4 is fun. I was reminded of why they call it an 'excerpt'...normally because you're the only one playing, and people are actually meant to hear you. So I saw the excerpt I learned last year, and I'm like, woah! cool! And then I come up to it, and I'm like, wait...I'm the only one playing...oh right, excerpt...=P

The only problem with Tchaik 4 is the first movement has rehearsal letters, only it's so long it uses every letter in the alphabet, save for the last four. And it's sometimes hard to hear Agopian in the back, so we'll hear him call a letter but we'll only hear that it sounds like 'ee'. So we're all wondering if it's B, C, D, E, G, P, T, or V. I swear, he's really going to have to start calling out words instead of letters, or the wind section's going to end up being terribly confused.

I also hope he gives us a huge cue after our 118+ bars of rest.

Movie of the night: Master and Commander. It's not a bad movie. It's a bit odd for me to watch a movie about the sea, and sailing, and boats and stuff without pirates, but still not a bad movie. I enjoyed it.

Movie I want to see: Atonement. My dad wondered why I wanted to see that, as it had no mentioned of car chases in the advertisement. =P

~Calminaiel~

"Wait, you can buy them? And to think, I've been going to garage sales all this time."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty stoked for Tchaik 4 myself! (Just make sure you don't drown out the horns in that opening passage =P)