Sunday, June 01, 2008

Glory and Pain

Those are pretty much the feelings that are brought out by the percussion concerto that was performed with the CPO on Friday and Saturday. Especially with the horns. I realized at one point that I just wanted to raise my arms and just swim in the glory and wonderfulness all around me...and at the same time, I had the strange sense that an infinite number of knives were all driving into me at the same time.

I have to read the program about that piece again. I vaguely remember a slight bit of what it's based one, and I think that could possibly be the feelings that the music is supposed to bring out...somewhat, anyways.

I didn't have time to shower tonight. Especially with both my uncle and brother insisting on showering. I just hope that my hair isn't too visibly greasy, and that I don't smell like smoke in the morning.

I remember having a lot of things to write on here, but that was on Saturday. The pie party today was fun. I like hosting parties. Especially when I actually have more party food / drinks, which I didn't really today, but I made it work. I should throw parties more often.

Or at least get-togethers, if party is too of a hardcore term. =P

Bed now. I have to get up early to take the bus with all my crap tomorrow. Maybe I won't bring my music bag...I don't really need it, unless I want to practice, but when's the last time that I've practiced at school? Besides, I have things I have to do in the library anyways. And if I do practice, I can work on scales which I desperately need to do.

Sigh. Or english. That also desperately needs to get done. Almost more so than bassoon.

I'm also convincing myself that my appearance is not the same thing as my identity. Sometimes I know that, but more often than not I have to firmly convince myself that people do actually identify me by who I am more so than what I look like. I know that appearance definitely isn't the first thing I think of when I think of my friends. Why am I still convinced that it's the only thing they think of when they think of me?

I actually have to go to bed.

~Calminaiel~

"I'm pulling the wrong one!"

No comments: