Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mia!

She's home! I missed my bassoon so much, I'm so glad she's back. Fox fixed all the pads, and all the scratches, so she looks brand new again. It's so beautiful. And I can get so much more air through that instrument then the school one. The school bassoon, I was lucky if I could get a quarter of the air I can get through mine. It's amazing. And I can project a lot better. It's amazing. I didn't really practice today. More like just warmed up and went through all my low-range scales. I'm not really sure what I'll do for my All Cities audition. I'm not really sure what she wants. And she already knows me...so...yeah. But I know all my scales, and I'll bring a bunch of music, so I'll just be able to play whatever.

I did practice sax again. Auditions are tomorrow. Fun fun. I normally don't practice the day of the rehearsal...supposed to be bad luck...but I think I'm gonna practice tomorrow morning at least. I don't have my audition until 2:00. I definatly won't play it just before my audition, that's super bad luck. But I'll run through it a couple of times in the morning.

I actually finished my outline for my social essay. I kinda wanted to get it out of the way...especially so that I don't end up trying to do it all on Sunday night, which usually happens for my essays. I'm gonna have so much homework this weekend. English, social...I should probably do some math...will I? Probably not, but it's the thought that counts. I'll probably try to get another thing done for calm too.

Still kinda nervous about my sax audition. But I think I'll be okay. I know the few scales that he told us we need to know (I'm horrible at scales on sax, but I memorized a couple blues ones...and mixolydian is fairly easy, I memorized at least two), and I'm playing my piece at least a little better then I was. Ry also worked on improv with me this morning, so I'm feeling better about that.

Oh, and we had our first band council meeting today. My first meeting. It was fun. I know the choir wants us to call it music council...but this is my blog, and here, it's band council. Anyways, we mostly talked about things we're going to do at band camp this year. It should be fun.

Hm...I should probably go. Get ready for tomorrow morning, get some sleep. Ha, me get sleep, that's a good one. I always tell people that sleep is good, and then I go and stay up until 2 in the morning when I have to get up at 6. But such is life. It works. At least until I start falling asleep in social...which I think would happen even if I spend 24 hours before the class sleeping, I'd still fall asleep.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. On that note...I shall go...

~Calminaiel~

No comments: