Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Theory

Can you believe theory classes this year actually put me in a good mood? Last year I could hardly stand them in a good mood, and if I was already in a bad mood, then you had better watch out when I get out of there. But today I was in such a bad mood going into class, and after the first, like, 10 minutes, I was already happier. It's amazing. I love it. And the theory teacher's awesome. He doesn't teach theory exactly how they say we're supposed to learn it, he teaches it so that we'll understand. He's great. And he's always going off topic too, which is cool. He was explaining how an augmented triad sounds like drifting in space, like Pluto, and then we started talking about how Pluto wasn't a planet, and just a little space rock trying to gather gases and mass to become a gas giant, but it wasn't working, and how he was like Pinoccio how wanted to be a real boy, he wants to be a real planet. Anyways, in the end, we all voted that Pluto should still be a planet, and went on with the lesson. It's so great.

I practiced so much sax today. I really want to be ready for that audition. I don't think I'm going to take that Parker song as fast as it says I should...but it's Parker, so can anybody really play it as fast as it should be? Well, Ry probably can, but I'm not that good, so I'll have to make do with what I can. But I think it's rather good, even though Ry'll probably find a bunch of things I can fix when I practice it at school tomorrow. Which is okay, because then I'll know what to fix, and in the end it'll sound better.

So, because of my extensive practicing, I did no homework. Which is really not good, seeing as I think there's a social essay coming up in the futur, I have to keep up with math, and I should have tried to work on my english. Oh, and I really can't forget about calm online, because that would be bad. But...I also really want to be ready for that audition. I'm kinda scared about the improv part over a 12-bar blues thing he talked about...maybe I'll ask Ry about that...

Anyways...I think my laundry's done, so I should probably go get that. Ooh, and I get to spend all morning in the band room again tomorrow. And band rehearsal too. Although not with my bassoon...but it means we get new music. =)

~Calminaiel~

No comments: