Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Interesting

I used to plug into my iPod every chance I got. Whether it was taking the bus to school, taking the dogs for a walk, or even just the ten minute drive from school to home, I always stuck my earphones into my ears, and turned on my music. Even for those ten minutes.

I'd even spend at least half an hour listening to my music before bed. I was addicted to my music. Seriously.

Now I'm finding I have more chances to plug in and listen, but I'm preferring to sit in silence, and listen to my own thoughts instead.

What does this mean, I wonder?

~Calminaiel~

(PS: new poll coming soon, I promise)

1 comment:

Christine said...

I've noticed the same thing. I think it's just because we spend SO much time listening to music, playing music, thinking about music that we just need some peace and quiet. I still enjoy it the same, no doubt, and do have sprees where I'll listen to the same piece a dozen times a day for a week or two straight (Don Juan is notorious for this!), but it doesn't happen nearly as often as it did in high school. Usually, when I do listen to music just for fun/to relax, it won't be classical... lately it's been country.