Monday, January 12, 2009

First day of classes

Uncreative title, I know.

Truth be told, I honestly don't have much to say right now. But I'm not doing anything else, and I know I haven't posted in a while.

Classes started today, as I'm sure you've figured out. It's actually a relief to be back. I was going a little stir-crazy by the end of the holidays. Cabin fever and all that. So it's nice to be out and doing things instead of sitting at home all day.

Janos wasn't here for Musicianship, which was really disappointing, because that is by far my favorite class. So that was sad. But I like our Theory teacher this semester. She seems really funny and I'm excited to have her for the next few months. I'm not sure what Delong is like, who I have for History. I've heard he's pretty good, but I am a little sad that I won't have Sallis again. I was looking forward to another semester with him.

So now I'm just sitting in the lobby, waiting for rehearsal to start at 3:30. I have to leave in the middle to go to Philosophy, so we'll see how that goes. And then it's back to rehearsal. But at least rehearsal is going along a little more productively than it has been.

But seriously, I really have nothing significant to say. So I'll just mention a few more things before I go and do something else to waste time until rehearsal.

I was offered another teaching gig, which is nice. It's up at some camp, and there's two grade 7 kids. Apparently they're the keen, eager type. So I'm excited for that. It's even early enough so I can drive back in time to make Wind Ensemble rehearsal, which should make everybody happy.

I'm also feeling slightly antisocial at the moment, which is making me feel bad about people around me who I'm kind of trying to avoid eye contact to make it clear that I'm not really in the mood to chat. Does that make me a bad person?

Anyways, off to waste time, until I have something hopefully a little more meaningful to say.

~Calminaiel~

"You mean I actually have to prepare myself before my classes?"

No comments: