Monday, April 12, 2010

Please Continue

Not much to say this time around except to give you a little update on life. I haven't had any life changing thoughts, or gone through any monumental moments. (Say that a few times fast. Fun times.)

My history paper is officially done and handed in. I'm not sure if it's A material, but it's something, and it's done. I meant to give back my library books today, but I never got around to it. By the time I was ready to go home after work, I definitely wasn't feeling like dragging a big bag of books to the library. I'll leave that for another day. At least they're not overdue.

It's that time of year where I flip from being sure that I'll be fine in my classes, to panicking about how I'm going to fail everything. When I logically think about how the semester has gone, I'm pretty sure that if I don't pass with flying colours, I'll at least pass, which is still something. But every once in a while the amount of things I still have to do suddenly crashes down on me, and panic ensues. However, I've also found that panic and pessimism happens most strongly on Sunday evenings and Mondays, and usually the first part of Tuesdays. After that, the week looks better. And seeing as how Monday is now ending, I'm thinking the rest of the week can't be too bad.

At the same time, the fact that my two exams are on a Monday afternoon and a Tuesday afternoon does not fill me with confidence about how my mood will be on the preceding Sunday evening. But I won't worry about that until it gets here.

I was going to say all the things I don't have to worry about anymore, and also all the things I still have to finish before this week is over, but I just took a few moments to briefly think about that list, and I concluded that listing all of that in writing might just trigger my panic alarm to go off. It tends to be quite sensitive around this time of year. Which means it'll also tend to go off over things that I don't even need to worry about. I feel like I should have a sign or a t-shirt or something warning people about this.

I'll be sure to give more interesting updates over the summer. I've got quite the list of plans for the summer. Not concrete plans, because if the entire summer were laid out in concrete I might but explode in an attempt to blow it all away. Ironic, since I've looked forward to summer for quite a while now.

I just have a lot of ideas I wouldn't mind doing over the summer. Which I think is the best way to 'plan' summer.

Things I would like to happen include:

Working on my technique on bassoon.

Making reeds.

Playing badminton with Graham, and generally just doing a lot of walking to 7-11 for Slurpees.

Watering plants (both indoor and outdoor) and taking care of the garden.

Cleaning my room, and putting another bookshelf in it.

Making small, random trips out of town.

Cooking.

Learning to ride with Ken.

Go swimming.

There are probably other things I've thought of, but if I took the time to list every single thing I've ever thought of doing over the summer...well, I don't exactly know what would happen, but I'm assuming I'd get bored of writing it, and you'd get bored of reading it, so we'll leave the list at that.

And, of course, I'll be a Supe at MusiCamp around the end of summer, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm also slightly frightened, because I've heard rumors of Supe pranks that happen, and one included something along the lines of somebody waking up with a live lobster on their face. But I'm still super excited.

I hope to give regular updates of all my summer adventures. Of course, in between adventures, I wouldn't mind time to just sit and enjoy a cold drink with a book, maybe some video games, and of course, to complain about the heat that I've looked forward to for so long. Such is life.

I don't know how many opportunities I'll have to blog while at MusiCamp. I have a feeling the only time I'll have would be before bed, and something tells me I'll be too tired to want to devote time to coherent blogging about the day. Hopefully I'll record some of my adventures in my notebook, and I'll be able to share them later.

And I think that's enough thinking for one night.

~Calminaiel~

"No girlz allowed."

1 comment:

tango said...

Good update.
It felt like I was reading your diary.