Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Praise

So, remember a few days ago, when I was insisting I wasn't sick?

Yeah, I'm sick.

This morning I was pretty sure how I felt was how people must feel just before they die. It kinda sucked. Just a really sore throat, coughing, runny nose, stuffy head. The works. However, the day wasn't as bad as it really could have been.

First of all, GDP isn't in town, so we just watched a rehearsal as part of conducting, which I pretty much got to nap in. I mean, I paid attention enough to get some details I can write our assignment on, and then I started to let myself doze off. That definitely beats having to conduct with a cold.

Then, since GDP is away, Amy was conducting Wind Ensemble, and she let us out super early. Which gave me a chance to go home and rest. And rest I did. I got home around 3, changed into pajama pants, and basically just crawled into bed. Around 3:30 I dozed off and didn't wake up until 4:45. Then I dozed until 6. At which point I had to go to the bathroom, and I figured I may as well sit up, since I obviously wasn't sleeping anymore.

Anyways, I'm feeling not a whole lot better, but slightly less than death, which I take as a good sign. It could also just be the mentality of staying at home. I forget who I was talking to, but we were saying that you always feel more sick when you have to actually do things, but when you can just rest and stay home, you automatically feel better.

I get this a lot whenever I'm too sick for work. I'll feel terrible, and then as soon as I decide I'm too sick to work, and I call in to say I'm not coming, I instantly feel better. Obviously not 'Oh, I'm magically healthy' better, but just in a better mood. More relaxed, less stressed, less worried. And that just helps with the physical stuff I suppose? That's what I'm going with.

Of course, I'm also of the mindset that mental and emotional health can totally affect your physical health. I also think that they're often the more important than the physical. In certain cases, as least.

I feel my ability to write coherent sentences is starting to leave me. It could be the sickness, the drugs for the sickness, or maybe I've just been sitting up too long and the blood is draining from my head.

~Calminaiel~

"I've had so much drug medication...medication for dru-...drugs...ugh."

No comments: