Monday, December 22, 2008

Updates

So, I've been told I need to blog more. And I agree with Morgan. I haven't been doing it lately. Mostly because I have a boy that I tell everything too now instead of pouring it out in blog form. But I'm going to try to write more.

I'm currently contemplating how I'm going to write on this blog. It's mostly just a confusing jumble of thoughts, so I won't bore you. Just warning you that the style of writing on my blog may change a little. We'll see.

Anyways, so I'm going to try to blog more. And not just at night, or before bed, or when I'm in a bad mood, either.

As a side note, I'm always really happy when I discover that people have been reading my blog. It makes me feel loved.

The holidays have been so much fun lately. Time off has been wonderful, and I haven't been practicing nearly as much as I should be. But it's also the holidays. I'll have to start practicing in January, as NYO auditions are fast approaching, but for now, the break is nice.

Bennet starts his holiday on Wednesday, so I'm excited for that. I realized last night how much I have a fear that we won't spend as much time as I want to over the holidays. I'm pretty sure this comes from the summer of grade 10. Which is odd, because I don't often keep things like that with me. But oh well. While the fear is there, part of me knows that it's all for nothing, and the holidays will be wonderful. So I'm excited to get to them and prove that fear wrong.

Which, hon, if you're wondering why I keep needing reassurance that we're spending lots of time together during your time off...that's why.

I can't tell you what I got everybody for Christmas, because I know my family reads this, so you'll just have to wait until after Christmas morning to find out. Plus, then I can tell you how they reacted. I don't know if Bennet reads this or not, but I'd rather not risk it.

I've been playing Puzzle Pirates a lot lately. It makes me happy. It's a game that I can only really play when I have nothing else to do, as it's very easy to just spend hours on that game. So during the school year, no. But holidays, hell yes.

I think I might celebrate Christmas day with a video blog. How does that sound?

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that Little Big Planet is for Playstation only. It looks really cute. I think I'd enjoy it.

Another reason I love the holidays: I love hanging out with my friends. And between Christmas parties, and just randomly meeting people who have come home for Christmas, it's great. I've been having an awesome time.

Winter is fun. Snow drifts are fun. Getting stuck is fun. Getting people unstuck is fun. Cuddling inside with hot chocolate is fun. Staying up until 3 am just talking is fun. Life is fun.

Yes, I said it. Life is fun. So stop thinking about it, and just remember that life is ridiculous, and it's not to be taken seriously. Because why? It's too short to be doing that.

So laugh, love, and live, and it'll all turn out okay in the end.

That's my message for the day.

Until the next update (which will hopefully be in the very near future [hope for tomorrow]),

~Calminaiel~

(PS: Should I come up with some sort of sign off? Seems like other people have one. I've just been happy with my name. Something to think about.)

"You do realize Christmas is in 3 days?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! more blogs
Always a pleasure to read Robyn :)

rachel shea said...

Robyn I am SO PLEASED THAT YOU ARE BLOGGING AGAIN.

(also: whiskey in my sippy cup? HELLZ YEAH!)

<3