Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tomorrow

It's the first day of the rest of my life.

Of course, that's just for dramatic effect. One could argue that tomorrow is always the first day of the rest of our lives. That's kinda just the way it works.

But that's not the point. The point is that university classes start tomorrow. I don't even know how to describe how I feel. Kind of like I've been working my way up the stairs all these years, and finally I'm at the highest diving board, and I just have to jump. Or like I've been lead around holding somebody's hand, following a strict path, and suddenly they just let go, the path ended, and I can now go anywhere I want, all on my own.

It's a great feeling, but also slightly scary. It's kind of amazing how often excitement and nervousness go together. Why is that?

As usual, I should be doing something else, but I'm sitting here chatting, blogging, and texting. In my own defense, I am simply getting as much out of my social life as I can before I become swamped and must cut myself away from the rest of society in order to keep up with my life.

I exaggerate. But only slightly.

I should be showering. Because as much as I tell myself I'll get up in the morning to shower, we all know that's not going to happen.

Kelskie just came online, which is both amazingly awesome, and kind of bad. Because I haven't talked to her in forever, and I have about a thousand things to say. Kind of bad because then I probably won't get off as early as I was planning to shower. My family doesn't mind me having really late night showers, right?

Okay, I have to go tell stories, and while I'm telling stories, I will not be able to concentrate on blogging.

This is probably long enough as it is.

~Calminaiel~

"T-shirts usually go along with recreational boating."

2 comments:

rachel shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel shea said...

seriously, what say you to going and making t-shirts when I'm home in THREE SLEEPS?