Friday, October 19, 2007

Synonyms for forever

I remember wanting to post before I skedaddled my way off to choir camp, and I remember that the above title was what I wanted to call it. But I can't remember why, which kinda sucks, because I'm pretty sure it was a half decent topic...oh well. Maybe I'll just kinda blab on about things for a while and I may or may not remember. We'll see.

Oh dear, that dreaded phrase. We'll see. How is it that I bounce back and forth between liking that phrase and hating it? Sometimes it bugs me so much when people want every little detail for everything, and I just want to tell them to wait and 'we'll see'. But then when I'm really wondering about things, people are like, well, wait and 'we'll see' and I'm like, no! I don't want to see, I want to know now!

I know I'm a hypocrite. I'm slightly ashamed, but I think everybody's a hypocrite in some way. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better.

My dad had an accident on his bike today. Apparently he went over a bump or something and flew right over his bike and landed on his face, where he just kinda lay, being really out of it / unconscious until an ambulance came and took him to the hospital. It wasn't very comforting to get in the car after All Cities rehearsal and hear my mom talking on the cell phone, asking which hospital he's in. But he's alright. His face is pretty banged up, and he dislocated his pinky finger, but apparently all his ribs are all right, and he doesn't have any head trauma or anything of the sort.

U of C concert went quite well. My favorite part during out performance had to be when the whole band was rushing so much that we were a full beat ahead of the conductor, and somehow we all chose the exact same moment to stop for a full beat and come back in with the conductor. It was amazing. I love that group.

Hanging out afterwards was also a blast. Mom was worried that I wouldn't be able to get into the Grad Hall, since it's an 18 and over type of deal, but they weren't checking for IDs. Probably since they obviously only expect university kids to be there anyways. But whatever.

And now I've definitely spent more time on here than I meant to, partly because I got distracted by chatting and youtube.

One more thing I definitely have to say before I leave, because I've been wanting to say this so much to people, except I also don't want to sound all egotistic and everything.

Anyways, when I auditioned for university ensembles, I basically auditioned for the Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, and Symphonic band, and ended up only getting accepted into Symphonic band. Anyways, my teacher and I were talking, and..

Teacher: So Dr Glenn Price liked your audition. He was just concerned about whether you'd be able to get out of high school for rehearsals.
Me: Of course I would.
Teacher: I know, and I told him that. But he was also concerned it might take away from actual things like marks that you actually need to get further in life.
Me: Yeah, I guess. But I wouldn't let that happen.
Teacher: I'm sure, but still. We talked about it for a while, and in the end what it came down to is that there are university students who have actually paid to take courses like this, while you haven't.
Me: Right, that's true.

So, from that discussion, does it not sound like Dr. Price was seriously considering me for the Wind Ensemble?! It's amazing, I love that thought so much, and whenever somebody says that it's great that I'm in the university symphonic band, I always really want to say that it is great, but at the same time I was being considered for the Wind Ensemble! As in, that amazing group we heard play at Aberhart on Tuesday! I'm in high school and I could have been accepted into that group!

Okay, now that it's out I promise I won't brag about it. I just really wanted to get it out there because I was so happy after hearing that.

I suppose I could go on if I really wanted to, but I still have choir camp pictures to put on facebook, and I should really get a half decent sleep before orchestra tomorrow. I also have to check with Corey to be sure that we're getting together tomorrow, although I'm pretty sure he's up for it.

~Calminaiel~

"I'll make you a deal. I won't tell anybody about anything that happened tonight if you don't tell anybody about anything you see on facebook."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your bassoonfreak.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com