Friday, August 25, 2006

Memoires of A Geisha

Yes, I watched Memoires of A Geisha tonight. It's a pretty good movie, although I really suggest reading the book before watching it. I'm glad I did, because I could tell that if I didn't, I wouldn't have a very good idea of what was going on. But it's a good movie. I like it. It made me think. A lot of movies do, actually. But the book really made me think. And the second time I read the book, it really made me think. And the movie...made me think. The whole geisha thing really makes me think. It's very interesting.

We went to St. Johns today and ordered an Eb fake book for me. =) So I'll be able to practice jazz on my alto now. I'm kinda mad that I left it so late...school seems closer then it did a few days ago...but, whatever. I want to practice sax more this year. Which is going to be hard, seeing as I'm probably facing my busiest year I have ever had so far. But, I still want to try. Jazz is super cool, and I really wish I was better at it. But the only way I'm going to get better at it, is if I practice. So...yeah, I think you get my point...

And I love the new St. Johns. It's further south, but I love it so much. Very open. I could live in that place.

The recording of our final concert in Colorado came today, which is so awesome. The strings cover the bassoon up a lot of the time, and even when nobody else is playing, I still sound rather distant. But, it's still great. Good memories. =)

~Calminaiel~

No comments: