Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It begins

I had to go to school to register today. Fun. That means school (and everything else that took a break) will soon be starting up again. Not that it's all bad. That means all my various bands (and orchestra) will be starting, and that's always good. Anyways.

That wasn't really that eventful. I took the bus there...I actually don't mind taking the bus...when I don't have my bassoon. I'm glad I won't have to take it for most of the year, since I usually have to go in early for band, so my dad drives me which is nice.

So I got to talk to Mom (of the band) at school which was cool. She was registering music people. When I was there, she hadn't met any new bassoonists yet, and only one flute. Two really good french horn players from my jr. high are coming, so I'm looking forward to playing with them next year. I also found out Ry apparently signed up for choir. =) That'll be fun. It made me happy.

I also met Adam when I went to get my picture done. That was cool. Adam's a cool guy. Too bad I didn't get to talk to him longer, but there'll be plenty of time for that when school starts.

Oh, Ry called, and he's apparently having this jam at his place (or Elliot's, they're not sure yet) on Thursday. So that'll be fun. I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm also kinda scared, since I'm not really a jazz person, and I just started to get confident with soloing...and I might have lost some of that confidence while at camp...anyways, that's besides the point. I'm still really excited...and scared...anyways, moving on...

I also practiced alto. Went reed-scouting. Tried a bunch of different reeds. I still like my old one. It's a Rico Royal 3, but it's kinda old, and I love it. I bought a new box of Rico Royal 3's, and tried them, and they all feel quite stiff, and they're kinda hard to play. I'm hoping that if I spend some time breaking them in, they'll be better. I've been playing bassoon so much I've almost forgotten what new sax reeds feel like. Anyways, I hope they loosen up a bit, because it's quite tiring to play on those reeds for a long time.

So...yes...hm...I have to polish my alto tomorrow so it looks nice for the jam...and I really hope my fake book comes in tomorrow...or I'll be in trouble...hm...I really hope it comes in...hm...I'm quite worried about that...

~Calminaiel~

No comments: