Thursday, July 03, 2008

Definitions

These are all taken from http://dictionary.reference.com

Beautiful:

- having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind:

- wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying

- wonderful; fantastic

Beauty:

- the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest)

- an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm

Do any of these definitions include how skinny somebody is? How small their jean size is? How much eyeshadow, or cover-up they use? What designer brand they're wearing, or how expensive their dress is?

Then why are there still people who think these are the things that define beauty?

I was going to blog about love, but I've also been thinking about doing this for a while now. So I'll save that for next time. Unless you think that I talk about love way too much, then I'll shut up on the subject.

Or rather, I'll tell you I will, and then eventually just post on it anyways. Because it's my blog.

And I'm both a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. Deal with it.

~Calminaiel~

"What would you do
If I sang out of tune,
Would you try
To shoot me in the face?"

No comments: