Friday, December 22, 2006

Me and my stupid heart

So, I've decided that I set my heart on things way too easily. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, it's almost always because something didn't go the way I wanted it to, or the way I had hoped. I always like believing that the best will happen, and when it doesn't, I'm usually bitterly dissapointed. I've considered switching to pessimism so maybe I don't have to go through that anymore. But I like being optimistic. I don't usually get along with people who are pessimistic.

Anyways, that was just the very end of my day, when I found out that my band hoodie (my old one) is still lost, and I forgot my new scarf at school, which really sucks because I was going to bring that one to Spain with me. Oh well.

So, other then that, today was good. Lots of exchanging of gifts, which was cool. Everybody seemed to like my presents, which always makes me feel good. Keslkie got me a silk swab for my bocal! I didn't even know there were swabs for bassoon bocals! It's amazing. I love it. I also got neat body butter. I love cream / lotion. Especially if it smells good. Chloe gave me cute little bath confetti, and Kate gave me chocolate. And a card, with a picture that she painted herself. I showed it to mom, and she asked me if Kate could give her one like it, except bigger. She even said she'd pay for it. Mom likes paintings, especially really good ones. She loves Kate's. I shall have to let Kate know.

I love Gordan Jacob's Four Sketches for bassoon and piano. I'm listening to it right now, and it's very cheerful. I thought I'd just mention how much I like it.

Turkeyfest was a blast. We actually got to go for food first this time. Last year we were the last ones, and by the time we were sitting down to eat, people were already leaving. So it was a nice change to eat first and then relax and chat. I also got up and sang, along with Erika, and a bunch of people from choir, which was fun.

I'll actually get to sleep in tomorrow, which is really nice. I haven't slept in for over two weeks. I've been so tired. We had a bassoon recital at my teacher's house today. I was the second, and the last person to play. I played a movement from Vivaldi's concerto in C major first, and then me and Jackie finished the concert with the duet. So I was sitting in the back room during the whole thing, after performing my solo. I started falling asleep during performances. I woke up to hear my teacher announce that me and Jackie were next, and I just had time to jump up, grab my bassoon, music, and reed (which was practically dry; I meant to put it in water the song before we went on, but I was sleeping at the time) and rush out. So, I started playing probably a total of 60 seconds after I woke up. That was interesting. When we got back, I mentioned to the room in general that if anything like this happens again, please wake me at least one song before I have to play.

My brother also found Nintendogs, which makes me happy. So I spent some time on that before my brother asked to have his DS back.

Kate invited me to go to zoo lights with her. I feel so bad that I couldn't. I couldn't get a ride there, and I really needed to start getting ready for Spain, since I basically have tonight and tomorrow and then I leave. So, I would have loved to go with her, and I feel really bad that I couldn't. Sorry, Kate. =(

Oh, Jenny also texted me tonight to say Merry Christmas, which was nice. I feel loved with people text me. =)

As a side note, Josh is a candy cane addict. I must have given him at least 20. Which really isn't a bad thing, because apparently I don't have as many friends as I think I have, since I have so many candy canes left over from today. Oh well. Just be warned, that if you have candy canes, Josh will try to get as many as possible. Josh is funny. =)

~Calminaiel~

"Can I have another candy cane?"

2 comments:

Melda said...

*Raises hand* Me! Me too! I stole candy canes from pretty much everywhere this Christmas. Even the dentist. And it's pretty hard to steal a candy cane from the dentist.

Calminaiel said...

But did you steal 6 or 7 candy canes when you were offered one? That's what Josh does. I finally stopped offering him the bag, and had to start giving him one at a time whenever he asked for one.