Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Apologies

Yes, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. But I've kinda been crazy busy since I got back from Mexico, and after that concert season came along pretty fast. December is just delightful for musicians. Playing a concert twice a week, and when we're not playing one, we're attending one. Lovely. But it's all fun.

So, Randall wanted me to start telling Mexico stories, so I guess I'd better do that. Well, I'll start at the beginning and go for a while. Basically, we had a bunch of cancelled flights and arrived in Los Cabos an hour or two later then we intended. Which screwed up our shuttle that we had booked. So it took us at least a half hour to get on a shuttle bus to the hotel (oh, and this is after we had to go through the whole thing of finding out that our luggage was back where we had switched planes, and we had to go back and tell them...well, that whole deal). Well, I'll skip to more happier times. We got to our hotel room, and it was pretty awesome. We had our own little patio right beside the pool. We also had our own little lagoon, which was really just a pond sitting outside our back door, But it had turtles in it! If you stuck the end of your finger in the water, they'd come over and bite you. Well, they would have if I had left it in there. Then as they swam away I'd stick my hand in the water and touch their shells. They were adorable. I stuck the end of my shoelace in there one time and they came and nipped it. I tried to take pictures of them with my underwater camera, but I don't know how they'll turn out, I haven't checked them out yet. There were also flamingos to one side! They had three or four flamingos in a little grassy area beside the pond. If you squawked at them, they'd do it back. They also did it if you were making a lot of noise, or if they didn't like what was going on. I loved them. I'll save some stories for another time.

So, I made it into the NYB! I'm so excited. It's in P.E.I. I can't wait. I really want them to post the list of participants on the website, so I can see who else is in it. Not that I think I'll know anybody. Mostly I'm just curious about who the other bassoonist is. There's usually two. Andrea didn't get in, which makes me sad. I was so excited about maybe going to P.E.I with her.

What else has happened since I last posted...well, I'm no longer in a relationship. I'm not going to release any details here, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Other then that it's pretty much been more stress, busy schedules, and not enough sleep. I've been sleeping in more social classes then usual. Literally, it's pretty much 'oh, he's talking, it's time to sleep.' But it does feel so good, just to have a nap.

I'm becoming a rebel. =) A week ago I sent my first text message while in class. Math class, actually. Then today I skipped a class. Well, only half a class. And it wasn't like math or anything. It was choir, and Waters wasn't even in because he was doing stuff for the musical, so we were just working in the library, and Waters told us yesterday that we could have the last half of class as a spare or something. The library person wouldn't let us leave, because technically we didn't have anybody to supervise us (because, you know, we're 15-18, we really need supervision). So when she wasn't looking...we just left. Me, Rae, Jenny, Chloe and Kees all went to Peters' and got shakes. Well, Chloe, Rae and Kees did. Me and Jenny didn't have money. But it was still fun.

The band's also getting ready for Christmas! Andrea's decorating the band room like you wouldn't imagine. I'm bringing in more decorations tomorrow, including a few more strings of Christmas lights, which she'll like (hopefully). I'm also going to be making paper snowflakes in my spare time. Oh, and I spend most of my time in the band room now colouring the white board to make it look pretty. We're also going to be auctioning off the band council to raise money. We have to be slaves next Tuesday. That'll be interesting.

Chloe also invited me to a trip to Radium in January after exams. I'm excited already. Geez, you can tell I'm a social outcast, because I get so excited whenever I plan to get together with a bunch of people. I need to talk to Chloe about a few things my mom's worried about, but hopefully it won't be a problem.

Well, I think that should be enough until next time. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas is on T.V. (the old cartoon version) and I really want to watch. Hopefully Randall will be happy that I posted. Although she is sick, I don't know why she's on msn. And I've lost track of which band pictures I've shown, so I'll just leave a picture until I actually have an interesting one to post.

~Calminaiel~

"Orchestra's a communism."

No comments: