Monday, March 12, 2007

Doing theory...for real!

Yes indeed, for the first night in...well, probably since the start of the school year, I am actually doing my theory the night before my theory class. That means tomorrow I'll just be able to relax and watch the grade 10s rehearse...and maybe make fun of them and distract them. Hehe. Well, maybe not the distracting part, or Paddock may possibly try to kill me. I swear he was giving me the evil eye last week when I kept making faces at Glenn, and running over to whisper at Haley while they were listening to their festival recording.

Ghost Train by Eric Whitacre is the most amazing song in the world. I love it so much. We're playing the first movement of it at school. It's got an amazing bass line, and I'm so excited to try it. Or rather, I'm so excited for the time when I'll actually be able to play it...I have to think about it a lot before I get it right, and even then I only keep it up for a bar or two before I mess up.

I did some serious hardcore practicing today. Still didn't get around to quintet music like I wanted to, but I really worked on that Strauss piece (Aidan knows the name, I don't) and I think I might actually be able to keep up next rehearsal. I hope so anyways, or I'll be really sad.

Yay for hot chocolate.

I was actually happy for the entire day today. It felt amazing. I won't go into detail, but it was rather cool. Just thought I should mention.

Well, with Paul asking me random questions, I doubt I'm going to get much done, so I'd better at least attempt to be productive, and end this blog so I can start theory. While really spending most of my time chatting with Paul.

~Calminaiel~

"Didn't everybody at Vanier get pregnant?"

1 comment:

Melda said...

Don't you love pretending to do theory except not really? I did it all the time. Except I had my Theory 2 exam in December, so no more theory for the rest of the year. Yay. Except then there's Harmony/History 3 next year. Pooh. And I think I forgot a quote on my last post, I better go check.

~Sil