Saturday, September 02, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Geez, I have a feeling the times / dates for this blog are all screwed up, since I often post sometime later then 12 in the morning. Meaning it dates this as the next day...anyways, moving on...

Yeah, watched Brokeback Mountain again tonight. I also saw it in the theatre with Kelskie. It's not really a movie that I can watch often. But it was still pretty good. I like the music, it's neat.

Anyways, I slept in until 11:50. Which felt really nice. And then when I got up, I found out that my mom and my brother had already got back from clothes shopping, and brought home cinnimon buns, so she heated one up for me. Which also felt nice. Until we both realized I had an eye appointment at 12:00. =) Fun. But she called, and they moved us to 1:40, so it worked out. They put drops in my eyes that made my pupils go huge, so I was pretty much blind in the light for the rest of today. Had to wear sunglasses almost all the time.

Then we went shoe shopping. =) I got a really comfortable pair of sandels...the kind Andrea has, except they're pink and yellow instead of blue and green. I love them. I also got a pair of skater shoes. Black, with hot pink lining. Pretty. I think this is the first year I can remember that I haven't had to get running shoes for school. The perks of not having gym anymore.

Then I took the dog for a quick walk. Got home and went to ensemble practice. It was just me and Corey. Ry had to work, Duncan had to...do something else, I forget, and I don't know why Andrea didn't show up. I'll have to talk to her...

So we played a little, but not much, since I was playing alto instead of bassoon, since it's still in the states. We basically played half of two songs, and then talked, from 4:30 to 6:00. But it was loads of fun. We traded band camp stories (me from Colorado and Red Deer, him from the U of C camp) and talked about music we've played / are playing / want to play / are arranging / are composing. Fun stuff.

I came home and we had a fire in the backyard, where me and my brother burned all of our old school year from last year. Probably not a good idea...I might have wanted to keep some of my notes for some stuff...but I'll pick it all up again. Hopefully. Meh, I'll work it out.

And now, since I got tagged by Kelskie...

Random Bookishness

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (or paragraph) on your blog along with these instructions:

5. Hundreds of times since Dustfinger had first told her about him, Meggie had tried to picture Capricorn's face. She's thought about it on the way to Elinor's house when Mo was sitting beside her in the van, and in the huge bed there, and finally on the drive here. Hundreds of times?

6. Tag five people. Hm...do I know five people? I tag Ry, Amy, any of Amy's friends who reads this and wants to do it if they have a blog...and anybody else who happens to read this and wants to do it on their blog. And Kelskie, that includes you, if you'd like to do it again. =)

~Calminaiel~

No comments: